Tuesday, March 24, 2009

YEah Yeah YEah's...... No Dice


I recently downloaded a leaked copy of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs third proper release "It's Blitz." Ive been a huge fan of this band for a long time and was rather disappointed by this release. The last two albums were manic guitar and drum soak songs with lyrics that either grabbed you close or smacked you in the face. Its not too often a band rocks hard with a girl singer.

With "Its Blitz" the band moves towards being a more dancey elctro type band. Nick Zinner drops the guitar and replaces it with synthesizers. Most of the songs are very catchy and enjoyable but at times I found myself looking around wondering when the song will go nuts. It seems liek the songs lack a sense of danger the last two releases had.

As band members they had a history of being volatile which I always found intriguing becasue it seemed very parelleled to their sound. This album they seem to be way too comfortable and happy with one another.

To me this album is soft. Its not a bad album, its jsut not what I visioned where the band would go to next (I hoped they would get harder and more unpolished). There seems to be enough indie synth pop bands around now a days, I jsut dont get why they want to be part of the masses.

Disclaimer!!
This link will take you off our site, so click at yr own risk aight!
link to album

No comments:

Post a Comment